Traction Sanders for Improved Traction on Ice and Snow
Elston Traction Sanders are a convenient and effective way to improve your traction, especially in icy conditions.
- Improved Control - Increased traction allows you to stop and start faster and better climb steep grades.
- Effective - Our sanders drop grit that quickly improves your traction in icy conditions. Since it is available at the push of a switch, it is there when you need it. When you drive on roads that aren't sanded or salted or have icy patches, you'll have the extra traction you need.
- Reduce Time Chaining Up - In some states, our sanders are an approved substitute for chains thereby saving you the time for chaining and unchaining tires and the expense of replacement chains.
- Low Maintenance - Requires less maintenance than other products. It only needs to be installed once. After that, it is always available, unlike chains or similar products.
- Newly Improved - Recently improved to now include a high quality, 2 layer powder coating for the 661, 861 and Quarterfender series for better resistance to road salts and de-icing chemicals.
We have models designed for a range of applications.
Used as add-on equipment to help bus drivers drive more safely. Our sanders meet the requirements set by school districts for traction sanders and fit most models of school buses.
Trucks and Tractors
Very useful when you need to drive before roads are sanded or salted or on roads that have areas where snow and ice remain. In addition, these sanders are an approved substitute for chains in some states, such as Colorado. Available in three models that can be easily adapted to fit your tractor (truck tractor) or truck.
Over the years, we have built sanders for a range of products including railroad equipment, fire fighting equipment, aircraft tractors, and dock cranes.